4:30-4:45 AM – Physical Check-In
Anglers MUST check-in within this window. Failure to check-in on-time will result in disqualification. We recommend all anglers unload their gear before and during check-in. Kayaks and gear may be stored on the bank, or near the launch. Be sure to leave room for other people to use the ramp!
Check-In Location: Tahkenitch Landing AND Tahkenitch Boat Ramp
5:00 AM – Launch: Paddles
5:05 AM – Launch: Pedals
5:10 AM – Launch: Motors
5:30 AM – Lines In
5:54 AM – Sunrise
11:30 AM – Standings Offline
1:30 PM – Lines Out
2:30 PM – Upload Deadline
3:30 PM – Weigh-In & Awards Ceremony
- Competitors must be present at weigh-in location by this time. Competitors who are not present by this time will be disqualified.
Weigh-In Location: Miller Park
- Cell Service on Water: Poor
Cellular service may not be available on the water. It is the competitor’s responsibility to find service and upload their fish before the deadline.
- Launch Type: Designated Launches
- Registration Ends: 07/14/2023 11:59 PM
Late registration is limited and subject to an additional $10 late registration fee
- Off-Limits Period Begins: No Off-Limits Period
- Practice Starts: 07/21/2023 5:54 AM
- Practice Ends: 07/221/2023 11:00 AM
- Identifier Code Released: 07/21/2023 10:00 PM
Physical Check-In Location:
- We will be checking in anglers at the two launch locations:
- Tahkenitch Landing
79835 US-101, Gardiner, OR 97441
- Tahkenitch Boat Ramp
1/4 mile north of Tahkenitch Landing
- Bring your Ketch boards
- Attendance is MANDATORY
- Tahkenitch Landing (semi-improved)
- Tahkenitch Boat Ramp (semi-improved)
- No other launches are allowed.
- Miller Park
- 1651 18th St, Florence, OR 97439
- We will use the picnic shelter if available.
- There should be plenty of parking. Vehicles without trailers can park in the parking lot. If necessary, vehicles with trailers can park on 18th St, 17th St, or the open lot off 15th St.
- Attendance is MANDATORY. If you need to leave early, contact the Tournament Director.
- An overhead 360° light is required in low light conditions. A high-visibility flag, vest-type PFD, and sound signaling device (whistle) are required on the water at all times. Failure to utilize any of this safety equipment may result in disqualification.
Eligible Water Boundaries:
- Main water body of Tahkenitch Lake
- In Five Mile Arm, anglers may not cross the bridge at Route 49
- In Mallard Arm, anglers may not cross the bridge at Route 49
- Disconnected sloughs and ponds are out-of-bounds
- Portaging is not permitted
- Only public waters are allowed