Siltcoos Lake proved to be a challenge for many anglers in the final OKBF Tour Event for 2021. More than half the field didn’t submit a single fish and only four people managed 5-fish limits in this all-largemouth affair. WInd, weeds, and stubborn bass made it a tough day for most.
Marvin Forte and Gage Loveall tied in the 2019 closer at nearby Tahkenitch Lake, and Gage took the win in that tiebreaker, but Marvin managed the win this time around by 2.25 inches. Rob Hammond rounded out the money in 3rd.
Marvin qualifies for the 2021 Kayak Bass Classic at CJ Strike Reservoir in Idaho on October 9-10.
HERE ARE THE ANGLERS WHO CAME OUT ON TOP:
- Marvin Forte – 76.25″ – $807
- Gage Loveall – 74″ – $336.25
- Rob Hammond – 71.5″ – $201.75
NEXT ADVENTURE BIG BASS WINNER
Matt Walker had his second Big Bass win of the season, netting a 19 inch largemouth, so he took home $228 in cash and a $100 Next Adventure gift card. Three anglers tied for the 2nd biggest bass at 18 inches.
- Big Bass – Matt Walker – 19″ – $328
Gear Drawing Winners
Friday, August 20, 2021
- Registration Ends: 11:59 pm
Late registration is limited and subject to an additional $10 late registration fee
Friday, August 27, 2021
- Prefishing Ends: 4:00 pm
- Identifier Code Released: 10:00 pm
Saturday, August 28, 2021
- Check-In and Measuring Board Inspection: 5:15–5:45 am
Anglers MUST check-in within this window. Failure to check-in on-time will result in disqualification. We recommend all anglers unload their gear before and during check-in. Kayaks and gear may be stored on the bank, or near the launch. Be sure to leave room for other people to use the ramp!
- Launch: 5:45 am
Anglers may launch at any legal launch location, after check-in.
- Lines In: 6:15 am
- Sunrise: 6:34 am
- Standings Offline: 12:15 pm
- Lines Out: 2:15:00 pm
- Upload Deadline: 3:00:00 pm
Cellular service may not be available on the water. It is the competitor’s responsibility to find service and upload their fish before the deadline.
- Weigh-In and Awards Ceremony: 3:30:00 pm
Competitors must be present or in line at weigh-in location by this time. Competitors who are not present or in line by this time will be disqualified. Must be present to participate in Gear Drawing.
Westlake Park Boat Ramp
Dunes City, OR
1651 18th St
Florence, OR 97439
Vehicles without trailers can park in the parking lot. Vehicles with trailers can park on 18th St, 17th St, or the open lot off 15th St.
- An overhead 360° light is required in low light conditions. A high-visibility flag, vest-type PFD, and sound signaling device (whistle) are required on the water at all times. Failure to utilize any of this safety equipment may result in disqualification.
- Social distancing of 6+ feet should be maintained at all times. Keep your distance on and off the water.
- Weigh-In Procedures may change as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Masks should be worn when anglers are gathered.
- If you are displaying any of the known symptoms of COVID-19, including without limitation, fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and/or diarrhea, stay home. If at any time before or during the Event you begin to experience any such symptoms, or learn that you have come into contact with anyone who either has COVID-19 or is displaying such symptoms, you must immediately alert an Event official and withdraw from the Event.
- KFNW has a no refund policy on entry fees, but we will make an exception and issue refunds for competitors who experience symptoms of, or are diagnosed with COVID-19 before the event has been completed. Competitors must notify their Tournament Director. KFNW will not issue refunds unless they are notified sufficiently before lines out.
- Any improved or unimproved, publicly-accessible launch
- Westlake Park Boat Ramp (improved) – parking fee
- Tyee Campground Boat Ramp (unimproved) – parking fee
- Darlings Marina & RV Resort (improved) – day use fee
- Only public launches are allowed
Eligible Water Boundaries:
- Main water body
- Connected creeks, rivers, sloughs and tributaries accessible via kayak from the main body of water are in-bounds up to 1 mile from the main main body (conditions permitting for safety and accessibility)
- Disconnected sloughs and ponds are out-of-bounds.
- Portaging is not permitted
- Only public waters are allowed
- Waiver and Release of Liability Agreement
Competitors are required to complete this form once for the season.
- Register for KFNW Membership
- KFNW Rules Standard
- Download and Print Identifiers
Payout Bonus Boosters
Thanks to CenturyLink andNRS, we’re boosting the payout purse for this event by $500.
Big Bass Booster
Thanks to Next Adventure, we’re boosting the Big Bass Buy-In pot with a $100 gift certificate. You have to buy-in to win!