Event #4 at Black Canyon Reservoir is over and what a day it was. The weather was near perfect, yet some midweek weather really changed the bite. This made it a grind for all with some anglers finding the right pattern and putting up some nice fish!
Dan Zimmerschied found the bite and finished with 79” taking the win, $631.50 and he also qualifies for the KFNW Kayak Bass Classic! Congratulations Dan!
Picking up second place with 75.75” was Jed Rivera who took home $263.13 for his efforts. Third & fourth places were a tie at 67.25” with Jeremy Miller taking third with the larger big fish tiebreaker. Jeremy took home $157.88. Fourth place went to Ethan Mason, great job on a strong finish.
HERE ARE THE ANGLERS WHO CAME OUT ON TOP:
- Dan Zimmerschied – 79″ – $631.50
- Jed Rivera – 75.75″ – $263.13
- Jeremy Miller – 67.25″ – $157.88
IDAHO RIVER SPORTS BIG BASS WINNER
The Idaho River Sports Big Bass went to Dan Zimmerschied and his 19.75” pig of a LMB. Dan took home an additional $261.50 for that big fish ($161.50 cash plus a $100 Idaho River Sports gift certificate).
- Big Bass – Dan Zimmerschied – 19.75″ – $223.50
Gear Drawing Winners
Friday, July 30, 2021
- Registration Ends: 11:59 pm
Late registration is limited and subject to an additional $10 late registration fee
Friday, August 6, 2021
- Prefishing Ends: 4:00 pm
- Identifier Code Released: 10:00 pm
Saturday, August 7, 2021
- Check-In and Measuring Board Inspection: 5:15–5:45 am
Anglers MUST check-in within this window. Failure to check-in on-time will result in disqualification. We recommend all anglers unload their gear before and during check-in. Kayaks and gear may be stored on the bank, or near the launch. Be sure to leave room for other people to use the ramp!
- Launch: 5:45 am
Anglers may launch at any legal launch location, after check-in.
- Lines In: 6:15 am
- Sunrise: 6:30 am
- Standings Offline: 12:15 pm
- Lines Out: 2:15 pm
- Upload Deadline: 2:45 pm
Cellular service may not be available on the water. It is the competitor’s responsibility to find service and upload their fish before the deadline.
- Weigh-In and Awards Ceremony: 3:15 pm
Competitors must be present or in line at weigh-in location by this time. Competitors who are not present or in line by this time will be disqualified. Must be present to participate in Gear Drawing.
Black Canyon Park
5555 E Black Canyon Hwy
Emmett, ID 83617
Wild Rose Park
Emmett, ID 83617
- An overhead 360° light is required in low light conditions. A high-visibility flag, vest-type PFD, and sound signaling device (whistle) are required on the water at all times. Failure to utilize any of this safety equipment may result in disqualification.
- Social distancing of 6+ feet should be maintained at all times. Keep your distance on and off the water.
- Weigh-In Procedures may change as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Masks should be worn when anglers are gathered.
- If you are displaying any of the known symptoms of COVID-19, including without limitation, fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and/or diarrhea, stay home. If at any time before or during the Event you begin to experience any such symptoms, or learn that you have come into contact with anyone who either has COVID-19 or is displaying such symptoms, you must immediately alert an Event official and withdraw from the Event.
- KFNW has a no refund policy on entry fees, but we will make an exception and issue refunds for competitors who experience symptoms of, or are diagnosed with COVID-19 before the event has been completed. Competitors must notify their Tournament Director. KFNW will not issue refunds unless they are notified sufficiently before lines out.
- Any improved or unimproved, publicly-accessible launch
- Only public launches are allowed
Eligible Water Boundaries:
- Main water body
- Connected creeks, rivers, sloughs and tributaries accessible via kayak from the main body of water are in-bounds up to 1 mile from the main main body (conditions permitting for safety and accessibility)
- Eastern boundary is just past the mouth of Squaw Creek (see map below)
- Disconnected sloughs and ponds are out-of-bounds.
- Portaging is not permitted
- Only public waters are allowed
phone: (925) 216-2663
- Waiver and Release of Liability Agreement
Competitors are required to complete this form once for the season.
- Register for KFNW Membership
- KFNW Rules Standard
- Download and Print Identifiers
Payout Bonus Boosters
Thanks to CenturyLink and Idaho River Sports, we’re boosting the payout purse for this event by $500.
Big Bass Booster
Thanks to Idaho River Sports, we’re boosting the Big Bass Buy-In pot with a $100 gift certificate. You have to buy-in to win!