What a great start to the season!
The season kickoff American Lake Open is in the books. This was our event to introduce other anglers to the event style Kayak Bass Fishing. We matched up our Veteran anglers with a less experienced angler for this event. New friends were made and we get to add new competitors to our list of anglers for the season.
We had 33 anglers come out to fish with us. It was cold and windy with water temps in the high 40’s. Tough fishing to say the least. Thank you to everyone who came out to join us even with the not so favorable conditions. A special thanks to Three Rivers Tackle for sending some gear for the drawings.
Congrats to the guys that managed to find a few! Team Chase Odeen / Andrew Allen would take third place with a 20.25 inch smallmouth that also landed Chase the big bass pot. Each angler netting $47.81 and Chase takes $237.50 Team Andrew Larsen / Carl Lacasse would take second place. Each angler netting $79.69 Team Joshua Dugger / Marwin Manzanarez would top off the field taking first place. Each angler netting $191.25. Congrats you guys on the win! Nicely done!
HERE ARE THE TOP THREE TEAMS:
- Joshua Dugger and Marwin Manzanarez – $382.50 ($191.25 each)
- Andrew Larsen and Carl Lacasse – $159.38 ($79.69 each)
- Chase Odeen and Andrew Allen – $95.63 ($47.81)
- Chase Odeen – 20.25 inches – $237.50
See full final standings and catches on TourneyX >
Friday, April 2, 2021
- Registration Ends: 11:59 pm
Late registration is limited and subject to an additional $10 late registration fee
Friday, April 9, 2021
- Prefishing Ends: 4:00 pm
- Identifier Code Released: 10:00 pm
Saturday, April 10, 2021
- Check-In and Measuring Board Inspection: 5:30–6:30 am
Anglers MUST check-in within this window. Failure to check-in on-time will result in disqualification. We recommend all anglers unload their gear before and during check-in. Kayaks and gear may be stored on the bank, or near the launch. Be sure to leave room for other people to use the ramp!
- Captain’s Meeting and Team Assignments: 6:30 am
- Sunrise: 6:31 am
- Launch: 6:45 am (Shotgun Start)
- Lines In: 6:45 am
- Standings Offline: 11:45 am
- Lines Out: 12:45 pm
- Upload Deadline: 1:15 pm
Cellular service may not be available on the water. It is the competitor’s responsibility to find service and upload their fish before the deadline.
- Weigh-In and Awards Ceremony: 1:45 pm
Competitors must be present or in line at weigh-in location by this time. Competitors who are not present or in line by this time will be disqualified. Must be present to participate in Gear Drawing.
WDFW American Lake Boat Launch
WDFW American Lake Boat Launch
Focus on Fun
The Season Kickoff Open promises to be a blast. Come on out to fish and meet other kayak anglers (experienced and newbie alike are welcome).
Kayak Bass Fishing Tournament
This bass fishing tournament is focused on fun and teamwork. If you’ve been thinking about getting involved in competitive kayak fishing, the Season Kickoff Open is a great place to start. We will randomly pair one less-experienced tournament angler with one more-experienced tournament angler, to compete as a two-person team for the tournament. We will be fishing for largemouth bass and smallmouth bass. We scoresfish by length, using the smartphone app TourneyX. We practice CPR (catch, photo, release) to tabulate our scores. We will have measuring boards for sale or rent if you need one. There’s a four fish limit, which means the longest four catches between you and your teammate are combined to tabulate your score. Each angler’s best two fish are counted, which means you both need to catch two fish for the best chance of winning! We also have an optional Big Bass Buy-In, which means the person who catches the largest bass of the day gets the pot (minus PayPal fees).
Nearly 100% payout to the top three teams (minus PayPal and TourneyX fees) split 50/50 between teammates.
- This is an open tournament, so no KFNW membership is required.
- No AOY points will be calculated.
- Electric motors are allowed (within the KFNW Rules Standard).
- This is a team tournament. The Tournament Director will assign teammates at random, pairing more-experienced tournament anglers with less experienced tournament anglers. Anglers will fish as a team, and scores will be calculated on the best team score (two longest fish per angler, four fish total). If one of the two teammates does not catch two fish, culled fish from the other teammate can not be counted.
- There will be a shotgun start for this tournament, with no delay for competitors with electric motors.
- An overhead 360° light is required in low light conditions. A high-visibility flag, vest-type PFD, and sound signaling device (whistle) are required on the water at all times. Failure to utilize any of this safety equipment may result in disqualification.
- Social distancing of 6+ feet should be maintained at all times. Keep your distance on and off the water.
- Weigh-In Procedures may change as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Masks should be worn when anglers are gathered.
- If you are displaying any of the known symptoms of COVID-19, including without limitation, fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and/or diarrhea, stay home. If at any time before or during the Event you begin to experience any such symptoms, or learn that you have come into contact with anyone who either has COVID-19 or is displaying such symptoms, you must immediately alert an Event official and withdraw from the Event.
- KFNW has a no refund policy on entry fees, but we will make an exception and issue refunds for competitors who experience symptoms of, or are diagnosed with COVID-19 before the event has been completed. Competitors must notify their Tournament Director. KFNW will not issue refunds unless they are notified sufficiently before lines out.
- Any improved or unimproved, publicly-accessible launch
- Only public launches are allowed
Eligible Water Boundaries:
- Main water body
- Connected creeks, rivers, sloughs and tributaries accessible via kayak from the main body of water are in-bounds up to 1 mile from the main main body (conditions permitting for safety and accessibility)
- Disconnected sloughs and ponds are out-of-bounds.
- Portaging is not permitted
- Only public waters are allowed
phone: (541) 561-1447