Friday, June 4, 2021
- Registration Ends: 11:59 pm
Late registration is limited and subject to an additional $10 late registration fee
Friday, June 11, 2021
- Prefishing Ends: 4:00 pm
- Identifier Code Released: 10:00 pm
Saturday, June 12, 2021
- Check-In and Measuring Board Inspection: 4:00–4:30 am
Anglers MUST check-in within this window. Failure to check-in on-time will result in disqualification. We recommend all anglers unload their gear before and during check-in. Kayaks and gear may be stored on the bank, or near the launch. Be sure to leave room for other people to use the ramp!
- Launch: 4:30 am
Anglers may launch at any legal launch location, after check-in.
- Lines In: 5:00 am
- Sunrise: 5:21 am
- Standings Offline: 11:00 am
- Lines Out: 1:00 pm
- Upload Deadline: 1:30 pm
Cellular service should be available on the water. However, it is the competitor’s responsibility to find service and upload their fish before the deadline.
- Weigh-In and Awards Ceremony: 2:30 pm
Competitors must be present or in line at weigh-in location by this time. Competitors who are not present or in line by this time will be disqualified. Must be present to participate in Gear Drawing.
Parking lot just over the bridge
Gillihan Rd & Sauvie Island
Sauvie Island, OR 97231
(see map below)
Next Adventure Scappoose Bay
57420 Old Portland Rd
Warren, OR 97053
Access to lake (boat launch and docks). Day-use fee $5 per vehicle.
- An overhead 360° light is required in low light conditions. A high-visibility flag, vest-type PFD, and sound signaling device (whistle) are required on the water at all times. Failure to utilize any of this safety equipment may result in disqualification.
- Social distancing of 6+ feet should be maintained at all times. Keep your distance on and off the water.
- Weigh-In Procedures may change as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Masks should be worn when anglers are gathered.
- If you are displaying any of the known symptoms of COVID-19, including without limitation, fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and/or diarrhea, stay home. If at any time before or during the Event you begin to experience any such symptoms, or learn that you have come into contact with anyone who either has COVID-19 or is displaying such symptoms, you must immediately alert an Event official and withdraw from the Event.
- KFNW has a no refund policy on entry fees, but we will make an exception and issue refunds for competitors who experience symptoms of, or are diagnosed with COVID-19 before the event has been completed. Competitors must notify their Tournament Director. KFNW will not issue refunds unless they are notified sufficiently before lines out.
- Any improved or unimproved, publicly-accessible launch
- There are many improved and unimproved launches along both sides of the channel. Launching deep within Sauvie Island will require long driving times, but is not out of bounds.
- Here are a few of the recommended public launches:
- Fred’s Marina (improved): $10 fee
- Johnson’s Landing Rd (improved): free
Very limited parking at this location (see map below)
- Sauvie Island Boat Ramp (improved): free
- Scappoose Bay Marina Ramp (improved): $5 fee
- Recommended with caution:
- Gilbert Boat Ramp (improved): Sauvie Island Wildlife Area Parking Permit required. 45-60 minute drive to Scappoose Bay.
- Some launches charge a parking, day use or launch fee, some are free
- Only public launches are allowed
- No launching from the Columbia or Willamette Rivers.
Eligible Water Boundaries:
- Main water body of the Multnomah Channel and Scappoose Bay
- Columbia and Willamette Rivers are out-of-bounds (see maps below)
- Connected creeks, rivers, sloughs and tributaries are out-of-bounds
- Disconnected sloughs and ponds are out-of-bounds
- Portaging is not permitted
- Only public waters are allowed
The Multnomah Channel and Scappoose Bay are tidal, so mind the tides! HIGH tide is at 3:46 am. We will be fishing in high slack until around 7am, after that, there will be an outgoing tide the rest of the day until 1:13 pm, which is low tide. That means if you are fishing in any sloughs in Scappoose Bay in the morning, you will need to be careful not to get stuck by dropping tide.
- Waiver and Release of Liability Agreement
Competitors are required to complete this form once for the season.
- Register for KFNW Membership
- KFNW Rules Standard
- Download and Print Identifiers
Payout Bonus Boosters
Big Bass Booster
Thanks to Next Adventure, we’re boosting the Big Bass Buy-In pot with a $100 gift certificate. You have to buy-in to win!